Department of Cardiology, SFMMKPJSH, is a fully equipped tertiary care center and one of the most renowned cardiac center in Bangladesh. We are providing our patient with daily OPD service to evaluate and manage every form of cardiac disease. 24x7 emergency & indoor service. We have ‘Noninvasive Cardiac Testing’ facilities like- Electrocardiogram (ECG), Echocardiogram (Echo), Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT), Holter Monitoring.
We have state-of-art Cath Lab along with fully equipped CCU facility where we can perform ‘Invasive Cardiac Testing’ like- Coronary Angiogram, Peripheral Angiogram, Right Heart Catheterization, Coronary & Peripheral Angioplasty, Pacemaker implantation etc. Whatever is the condition, we are always here to serve our patients.
Services of Cardiology Department
Cardiac Evaluation & Management.
Noninvasive Cardiac Testing:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Echocardiogram (Echo)
- Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT)
- Holter Monitoring
- CT Angiogram
Invasive Cardiac Testing:
- Coronary Angiogram
- Peripheral Angiogram
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Pacemaker implantation
- Device Closure
24x7 emergency & indoor service for every forms of heart disease & management
The highlights of the Cath lab facility includes
- 24×7 availability of emergency life-saving angioplasty services for heart attacks
- A dedicated team of interventional cardiologists providing 24×7 emergency cardiac care
- Fully equipped facility and availability of coronary care unit
- Any forms of permanent pacemaker implantation
- Radial angiograms as daycare procedures, where patients are discharged on the same day
- Peripheral angiogram and angioplasties.
- Device closure of congenital heart defects and PTMC.
EMERGENCY CARDIAC CARE
For patients with emergency conditions like heart attack or heart failure, heart block, SFMMKPJSH has 24-hour Accident & Emergency Centre, as well as medical, nursing and allied health staff to ensure that patients go through timely treatment and monitoring according to clinical guidelines.
Our emergency services have ventilators and life support equipped ambulances with trained nursing team. Emergency patients are sent directly to Coronary Care Unit (CCU) or Cath Lab (as required). For more information on our emergency services and facilities, please click Accident & Emergency Centre.
Highlights of CCU
- Well equipped
- Trained manpower
- 24*7 supported by experienced Consultants
- The Coronary Care Unit (CCU) cares for patients who have heart disease and occasionally other medical or surgical problems.
- Conditions such as myocardial infarction (heart attack), angina (chest pain), left ventricular failure (LVF) and arrhythmias (abnormal heart beats) are common reasons to be admitted to CCU.
- A patient having a heart attack may be admitted directly to the CCU, transferred to the Cardiac Angiography Suite for a primary coronary (cardiac) angioplasty and then returned to the CCU for ongoing care. Patients with cardiac chest pain, but not having a heart attack, may be admitted to the CCU before and/or after the placement of stents in coronary blood vessels.
- Patients with acute shortness of breath as a result of the heart not pumping efficiently (LVF), are given medication and helped to breathe. A patient with an abnormally fast, slow or irregular heart beat may be admitted to the CCU so that we can monitor heart rate and rhythm and provide treatment.
- The CCU can monitor the heart's rhythm, blood pressure and oxygen levels continuously, and the nursing team record and interpret heart traces (electrocardiogram/ECG). While a patient is in the CCU a cardiologist may perform a specialized test, such as echocardiography, Holter monitoring and others as needed.
- Most patients in the CCU can breathe without the assistance of a machine (ventilator) - though some will need oxygen (either by nasal prongs or mask). Patients who need additional support from a ventilator will be transferred to the intensive care unit.
- All reports are preserved in local secured Hospital management software
- All reports are delivered timely at central report delivery point
For further information please contact us
- Angiogram recent leaflet
- CT angiogram
- Holter package
- Cardiac packages